14.11.10

weekend movie review



I'm always interested in films that are quirky and try to bring something new to the table. We saw this trailer and thought this might fit the bill.

I have a difficult time watching movies with subtitles as I pay a lot of attention to detail and sometimes lose dialogue over trying to see the beauty of the cinematography. So sometimes I have to watch the film twice to capture the film as a whole. Since this film is French, stop-motion and the dialogue sometimes quick and witty, I would recommend following the aforementioned procedure to fully appreciate the humor.

While the animation is not anything like the talents of the Brothers Quay or Jan Svankmajer, the somewhat rough stop-motion technique matches the pace and crazy story line of this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment